Magnesium Oil Ultra SprayThis spray formula is designed to complement magnesium's actions and further enhance its absoprtion.
MSM, a superior form of sulfur, is a naturally occurring mineral frequently found near hot springs and volcanic craters. Sulfur-containing mud baths have been shown effective for promoting joint flexibility in human clinical trials.
How to Use Topical Magnesium: General Instructions
Ancient Minerals ultra pure magnesium products contain a high
concentration of 100% naturally occurring magnesium chloride and other
trace minerals, drawn from the ancient Zechstein Sea and applied
topically for rapid absorption of magnesium into the cells.
It is preferable to apply Ancient Minerals magnesium to clean skin,
as cosmetic products can hinder uptake of magnesium ions by the skin.
When applying magnesium gel or magnesium oil at full strength, avoid
direct contact with eyes, mucus membranes, and other sensitive areas
such as your face. If redness or irritation occurs, rinse with cool
Magnesium Oil Application Guide
Ancient Minerals magnesium oil is the gold standard for quick and
efficient restoration of intracellular magnesium levels. For ease of
use, apply magnesium oil to the skin using a fine-mist spray bottle. To
limit overspray, dispense 1-3 sprays into a cupped hand and rub into the
- For best results, apply magnesium liberally to arms and legs to ensure a large enough surface area for absorption.
- If you experience some slight skin irritation, dilute Ancient
Minerals magnesium oil with 1 part water to make a 50% strength
- Eight sprays of Ancient Minerals magnesium oil deliver approximately 100 mg of elemental magnesium onto the skin.
Please Note: After application you may notice a slight
salt-like mineral residue remaining when the solution dries. This is
normal, especially in dry climates or heated indoor areas, and varies
with the amount of magnesium oil applied at one time.
If you would like to avoid this mineral residue, simply apply
magnesium oil 20 minutes prior to showering each day. After 20 minutes,
the majority of the magnesium ions will have been absorbed and you may
rinse the solution off during normal showering or bathing. You may also
choose to remove the mineral residue after 20 minutes by wiping the skin
with a damp washcloth.
Frequency of Usage
Generally speaking, Ancient Minerals should be used with intensity
during the first 3-4 months in order to ensure proper restoration of
cellular magnesium levels.
- It is advisable to begin the first few days of application with modest use, and gradually work up to larger amounts.
- A 3-4 month period of restoration follows, with daily use at individual therapeutic levels.
- After an initial period of restoration, some users continue at these
same levels, while others back down to using Ancient Minerals a few
times per week.
These levels serve only as a general guideline, as everyone has different needs and responds differently to magnesium therapy.
Recommendations on optimal magnesium intake vary, with recent studies
suggesting US RDA values may be insufficient to maintain good health.
This may be especially true for:
- Older adults
- Those with certain conditions or existing chronic health complications
- Those with a history of poor dietary choices
- Women of childbearing age
- Those experiencing emotional or physical stress, or stress caused by illness, injury or surgery
According to Dr. Carolyn Dean, MD ND, a highly respected medical
authority on the subject, research over the past 20 years indicates that
approximately 300 mg of magnesium is required merely to replace daily
Dr. Shari Lieberman, Certified Nutrition Specialist, FACN, recommends
500-750 mg of magnesium daily for men and women, and 500-1000 mg for
those suffering from angina or osteoporosis.
One general rule of thumb is a daily intake of magnesium of
approximately 3-4 mg per pound of body weight. For a 200 lb male, this
would equate to 600 mg to 800 mg per day.
Ancient minerals is the #1 recommended brand